Since 2012, ABS Consulting (ABSG Consulting), Appendix R Solutions (ARS), Curtiss-Wright, and RIZZO Associates have been working together to provide fire prevention and analysis services; seismic, flooding, and other external hazards evaluations; and full-scope Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) services. These world-class organizations are collaborating to provide quality solutions to emerging needs and new regulatory requirements. We now call ourselves the Risk Alliance.
With full deterministic and PRA capabilities and the capacity to address all external hazards, including hazard characterization, plant capability/fragility and response modeling, and fire safe shutdown analysis, the Risk Alliance can respond to current and future utility needs, such as addressing post-Fukushima requests for solutions to seismic, external flooding, fire, and other challenges to safe nuclear power operations.
Most importantly, the Risk Alliance brings together senior experts from diverse risk and safety disciplines. We are dedicated to bringing our clients exactly the expertise they need, no matter from which alliance partner, as well as independent nuclear industry notables when needed … all under one contract.
This qualification document gives a short description of the members’ abilities and their PRA-related projects, both individually and collaboratively.
- A subsidiary of ABS, one of the world’s leading marine and offshore classification societies
- More than 40 years of setting standards of excellence in the areas of safety, risk, and integrity
- PRA, Seismic, Consequences and Risk-Informed Applications
- A rapidly growing, international company with a strong and diverse client base
- Founded in 2000 with years of experience providing fire protection engineering services
- Fire PRA, NUREG 6850, and NFPA 805
- Fire Protection
- Fire Safe Shutdown Analysis
- A large, publicly-traded corporation operating in 25 countries, with 10,000 employees and $4.3 billion market capitalization
- PRA (all hazards and operating modes), Licensing, and Engineering
- EQ database, analysis, and testing, including Shake Tables, Pumps, Valves, Watertight Doors, Instrumentation (including SFP)
- 30+ years in the nuclear industry in 39 countries with 200 staff members
- External Hazards: Earthquake, Tsunami, Flooding, and Wind
- Beyond Design Basis Analysis, PSHA & PFDHA, Stress Tests, Seismic Margin Assessment and Seismic PRA.